The Hepworth's

The Hepworth's

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What is going on? Please read this!

Sunday in church our 1st councel in the bishopbric talked to us about the prop 8. Now I am not a hundred percent sure what he was talking about - with the same sex marriages happening all over. Especially in California. He was saying that if this gets passed then our children will be taught in schools that same sex marriage is the way things should be, and that it is alright. I have done only a little research on this. He gave us 2 web sites to check out and learn more about. They are http://www.protectmarriage.com & http://www.whatisprop8.com. (really read this one! Read the 6 consequences if the vote fails) (Think of it in LDS perspective. What will or how will it effect us?) It really scares me!
My aunt Robyn sent me an email today that really put it into perspective for me! I hope this works. Watch this video and tell me what you think about it. Maybe you have already heard about this or have done the research on it. I do want to know what you think. Highlight the following link. Right click and click "Go To Address". Then it will take you to the link!
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1352578267/bctid1784521903

5 comments:

nicwoo said...

I think it is really great you are posting about this issue. It is really important, and subbing in the public school, in a liberal state, I totally get the mindset that will ruin and complicate what is good about the family. If it does pass and I think it will continue to be challenged anyway, one really great thing is to teach your kids right and share with them. Working with and for the YW in my ward: if they come from strong LDS families that don't quit, the kids can go to school and they are brave and say what is right. (It's amazing that school is their toughest critic and naysayer. I'm so impressed with my YW, they are my heroes!)

Summer said...

Just so your husband knows, I love your blog. And I am just a sister of a sister-in-law. I get my "new music" from here because I am too old and un-hip to know about it myself. Thanks Michelle!

Mosers said...

That was an eye opener for me...I didn't know the details on it! But I posted it and I'm Tagging everyone to post and forward in their e-mail.... I need to register to vote!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that we have a new blog address, it just made things more organized for me. It is http://amberandbensfam.blogspot.com Just wanted to let you know!!

Thanks Ben and Amber Sessions

It's crazy the things going on in our world! I'mjust so rateful that we have the gospel to help guide us!

Jeff and Lea said...

I just watched this video today. It was sent to me by my sister. This is soooo scary. It makes me sick to think of kindergartners being taught that same sex marriage is acceptable. If this were to ever come about in the state I live in, wherever I'll be, I will homeschool my kids.