The Hepworth's

The Hepworth's

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Look what I can do!

Heber (Lincoln's cousin) and Joni's wedding was yesterday and I was asked to make their wedding cake. I have never made one before so this was a very cool experience. I had a fun time making it.

This picture was taken right when they came out of the temple. I didn't get a very good shot.

I had just put on the fondant and the ribbon. It took me awhile to get the courage to start the dots.

This was the final product. Now all I had to worry about it transporting and transfering from this tray to the actual cake stand. This was my first cake I have ever made like this. I am so proud!!

Good thing they did a cupcake stand cause I don't think I could've done that much cake in my first time. I am truely glad it is over. I had stress dreams over this cake! We had a wonderful day though!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Awesome job!

Celeste Tabakece said...

Very very IMPRESSIVE. I would have had stress dreams too. You're probably glad it's over, but now look what you can do!

Andrea and Cy Hepworth said...

Michelle the cake was absolutely beautiful! You did a great job! Way to GO!!

Shae said...

Awesome! It looks great! And what a cool idea with the cupcake stand, too! I don't think I've ever seen something like that before.

Annie Allen said...

Pretty Spectacular!!!! Did it survive the whole night without toppling over too?

khepworth said...

I didn't know that you made the cake. I thought it was very cute when I saw it! It was good to see you guys.

Brian and Krista said...

Your awesome!! Seriously that cake is amazing. It was perfect!

nicwoo said...

K. so you go from a post titled "pure laziness" to this?? good thing I didn't believe the former anyway. :)
You are so talented! Fondant. That is like the master's canvas for cakes- Great and Cute JOB!!!
Keep the skills, you've actually just advertised and I'm pretty sure if people are smart, they'll want to use ya :)
PS I remember Heber- **congrats** to him and gorgeous bride!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

go michelle! you are so good! i didn't see you after church to tell you, but your hair looked HOT on sunday!! will you send me your email address? my blog is private... lissamurdoch@hotmail.com

Clinton and Jessica said...

I thought the cake was amazing! good job

Mindy said...

Michelle that looks amazing! I am very impressed.

Anonymous said...

Way awesome cake. I didn't even know you had this hidden talent. Way to go. It look great.

Christie said...

That's a pretty sweet cake Michelle! I wish I could have seen it in person:)

Mosers said...

THAT IS AWESOME MICHELLE.. I LOVE IT!!!!!! Yeah... you may need to send me your e-mail address again heidibugg@hotmail.com

Demo Kitchen said...

Hey Michelle- nice job- i just saw your blog on someone else's- hope you don't mind if I add you?
Jesse (kunz) walker