The Hepworth's

The Hepworth's

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hatti's Preschool

I debated on what to do with Hatti for Preschool. Pay a fortune.....join a group.....or just do it myself. And my options were in that order too! The last thing I thought I should do was have her stay home and have me as a teacher. It turned out that we were too late getting here to sign her up for something semi affordable. I talked to people about joining a group. So we went to a girls house to a trial run and to talk about getting the group together. Hatti was so shy and didn't participate at all. If we joined a group the mom in charge would have to get Hatti excited every time. Plus rotating houses wouldn't be the thing for her since she has to warm up ever time. Option 3 it is!! Mom teaches Hatti at home while Quincie is asleep! I got busy gathering stuff that would help me teach her. I found most my material at the dollar store! Who knew!!! And with the help of a lot of online material we got it all figured out! And she loves it!
I tell her that she gets once a week to be the teacher. She teaches me all that she has learned that week! She is a pretty cute teacher! I texted this to Lincoln while he was at school saying "My teacher is way more cute than your teacher! And my homework is way easier than yours!"
I made a calendar that she gets to put the apple number on each day. She loves to do worksheets!
She is a wonderful student and I just love spending time with her every day just her and I.

2 comments:

Lindsey Smith said...

This is an awesome set up!!! Way to go.

nicwoo said...

Good for you. I'm preschooling Allison this year too, for the same reasons--! I do get to take her to an infant toddler class weekly that Danielle qualified for bc she was sick. Alli is like a peer model/integration student. You could ask if you could (through your school dist) do something like that if you want too? We really enjoy it. It is a nice compromise that sat in my lap. Love your classroom.