The Hepworth's

The Hepworth's

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Time Change

This time change has sure been a weird one for me. It just didn't seem to make sense to go back an hour. But it seemed that night everything was back to normal (meaning the lightness and the darkness)! Except the fact that it is dark at 6. It still is messing me all up. But easier to put the kids down at night. And because it is darker earlier, they are thinking that we are letting them stay up later!
Kolten has been my child that has always slept good (after this first year of life!) We tell him to go to bed or to go take a nap (when he was younger) and he would go down. No hesitation! Such an obedient child. Ever since he started Kindergarten he has been waking up at 6. No joke! He will go upstairs and stand at my bedroom window and watch. I wish he was waiting for the sun to rise. But NO! He waits and watches for 2 cars to pass. Now we live on a street corner. One street is the second best thing to main street, so you can imagine how many cars are actually on that road. So it don't take him too long to count 2 cars! Then he will sneak up to my bed and say, "Mom, I saw 2 cars pass by, it's time to wake up." UHHHGGGGG!
When the time changed you can probably imagine my concern. That he would wake up at 5! At first it was 5:45. Then he moved to 6. And this morning it was 6:15. I can do 6:45. But good grief. Most kids sleep in! Don't they? Quincie and Hatti are up by 7 too!
It's good to start the day off early! I think it is kinda cute that Kolten has to count cars before he wakes me up!
Another cute thing Kolten has been trying to get me to do is to change his name from a K to a C. He is learning the sounds in school and he thinks his name should be like his friend Calvin's. "Well his name starts with a C, why can't mine?" I told him to tell his friend to change his name to a K! That was my best solution to that problem!
Kolten has been a delight! He is doing very well in school and is learning tons. More than what I could ever teach him. He loves his teacher and her aid.

Hatti loves loves loves preschool. I will be sad to see it end in Dec. I will have to see if there is anything else I can up her in to keep her busy! She talks about these friends that she makes at school all the time. She loves to color. Even on the walls! Lincoln made her scrub it all off one day. It took awhile and she hasn't done it since! She is learning her letters and how to write her name. She is getting much better at her name. Every time she sees an H she says, "Look mom, it says Hatti!" She loves to learn! She can count to 17 before it starts turning into weirdness! Her hair is getting so long and I am glad she loves it cause I do to. She has the best hair too. I think it was Hatti that said to me one day, "Mom, make possible happen." She makes me laugh every day and I love her for it!

Quincie is so much fun! She loves to play with toys and her brother and sister (when they will let her play with them.) She is almost 14 months and still not walking. She can cruise the furniture and standup without help. She has taken a few steps but nothing to brag about! She is saying a few words like, eat, hot, dada, mamma, thank you, please, and cheese. She loves horses and loves to make the "HEEEE" sound! She also can make a cow noise, dog and cat! But her favorite is the horse! We have a little rocking horse and she has put that horse to work. She loves it. She is constantly chatting so at church that creates a problem! And I didn't know babies could be so darn cute in skinny jeans! I just love her to pieces and I am grateful that she is so darn cute and a wonderful little girl! She is going to love Christmas!

My kids love my cousins, Alexa and Nicole. They ask almost every night if I can go to the store and have one of them tend them. Lincoln took me on a date the other night and I had put the kids to bed first before we left and had Nicole come sit and watch them sleep! The next morning Kolten was looking for her and came up to my room to find me in bed. He was mad. He said that we needed to still be on our date and that Nicole should still be here. They love other people besides me! It is kinda nice in a way! No separation anxiety at all!

1 comment:

Annie Allen said...

Mine don't sleep in either.... but they wake up at 7:30am so that's a little better than what Kolten is pulling off.

And on a side note- just one more week!! YAY! So excited!